Amazon Web Services (AWS) Credentials
Push Notifications projects are hosted on AWS S3. Mobify manages all deployment credentials. Please contact your Mobify project manager to obtain the required credentials.
Once you got your
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY, please securely
store them on your computer.
Secure AWS credentials storage for Mac
Add both the AWS key and the AWS secret to the keychain:
- For the AWS key, use "AWS" as the name, "AWS_KEY" as the account, and put the key in the password.
- For the AWS secret key, use "AWS" as the name, "AWS_SECRET_KEY" as the account, and put the secret key in the password.
Now define the following alias in
alias with_aws='env AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=$(security find-generic-password -a AWS_KEY -w) AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY=$(security find-generic-password -a AWS_SECRET_KEY -w) bash -c'
Note This sets the
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY environment variables.
This alias also lets you run any bash command in a sub-shell with those environment variables set,
and when the command ends, the sub-shell exits and the values are forgotten.
To just run a sub-shell with the environment variables set, use
Before deploying to production, ensure that the apple certificate (.cer) is living in the root folder before deploying to production so that it gets uploaded as well, as the apple certificate is not generated in the initial project generation.
Instructions (for Mobify staff)
1. Install Mobify-push-tools
Mobify-push-tools is a tool that simplifies the work flow for generating Apple Certificates and uploading development bundles to Mobify Cloud.
# Mobify-push-tools: https://github.com/mobify/mobify-push-tools npm install -g mobify-push-tools
2. Create Apple Webpush ID for a website
Apple Webpush ID can be created at: https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/identifier/websitePushId. For convention, set the Webpush ID to be:
www.mobify.com, its Apple Webpush ID will be
3. Create Certificate Request files
A certificate requestion file (.csr) can be generated by the following command:
mobify-push web-cert web.com.mobify.www
It will generate a file called
web.com.mobify.www.csr in your project folder.
4. Create and Save Certificate
- Open https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/identifier/websitePushId
- Select the Webpush ID created in step 2.
- Click edit.
- Click create certificate.
- Click continue and upload the csr file.
- Download the cerfiticate file (.cer) and save it in