Most notably, we covered:
- Starting the session with a discovery call where we uncover the customer vision and understand their shopper a little better.
- Coming together as an organization (design, sales, engineering, and project management) to find alignment in what is standard, complex, or custom as that will affect estimation.
- Committing to solving the information architecture and navigation upfront when building apps.
- Transforming gathered information into a number of semi-custom designs to help communicate the overall user experience and how various features of the Mobify Platform can be applied.
- Presenting our work back to the customer, thus demonstrating the value of the discovery process.
As a designer, ensuring that these user experience-oriented conversations happen is key to the early success of a project.