Web Push Notifications are messages sent to shoppers via their browser on both desktops and smartphones. Web Push Notifications give you greater access to your shoppers because:
- Customers don't need to download your app or provide their email address to subscribe.
- Notifications can be sent to all of your customers on the web rather than just those who have downloaded your app.
Through a simple two tap process, customers can opt in and immediately start to receive notifications from your brand.
|Chrome||46+||Mobile, Desktop, and Tablet|
Web Push Notifications display differently in different browsers:
Anatomy of Web Push Notifications
Web Push Notification Guidelines
- The image should be a max size of 192 by 192 pixels
- The image file should be in PNG format
- The title should be no more than 35 characters in length to fit within all supported browsers
- The body should be no more than 120 characters in length
Delivery of Notifications
When a message is sent, it will be shown provided:
- The device is connected to the internet.
- On desktop, the browser is running.
- The message has not expired.
Messages are scheduled to be sent using the timezone of the computer that created the campaign.
If your computer uses Pacific Standard Time (PST) and you create a campaign to be delivered at 9:00 AM, it will be sent to the audience at 9:00 AM PST.
If your message must be delivered at an exact time to an audience in more than one timezone, create multiple campaigns and use Location Filters to target each timezone.
Visit our best practices page to learn how to send effective push notifications.